Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend update

Hello friends!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!  We had some lovely weather on Saturday but sadly the rain has returned.  Although I have been very behind on my baking (I like to bake for work, keeps everyone coming to my desk ;)) so the rain could help on that front.  It's been too nice in Seattle to stay inside after work!

Beautiful day at the Market to sample cheese

The most exciting part of the weekend though was an impromptu visit to the Pike Place Cheese Festival!  Nick and I were shopping downtown and randomly decided to go down to the market and I couldn't belive our luck - there was cheese everywhere!  I went previous years with friends but missed it last year when Nick and I were in New Orleans.  We walked around and sampled so much cheese - I was so happy!

Other fun things from the weekend:

-Went to El Camino for Mexican foods with friends

-Saw What To Expect When You're Expecting - so so cute!

-Got outside and enjoyed the lovely weather on Saturday

-Went out for Indian food with Nick

-Finished The Paris Wife and started Last Night At Chateau Marmont




images: Daily Mail

And in other random news - the Daily Mail featured pictures of the world's largest swimming pool. It cost $1 billion, holds 66 million gallons of water and is so big you can even sail boats on it! How insane is that?!  More pictures here.

16 comments:

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

I so want to swim in that pool!!! Crazy!!!!

Cassandra Henri said...

I LOVE cheese! I would go crazy at that festival.

Marian said...

Sounds like a nice little weekend! The weather here was gorgeous (not so much this Monday...which made waking up even more rough). Either way, happy Monday!

Holly said...

hah we also saw What To Expect When You're Expecting! so funny.

Morgan said...

How insane? Very! Would love to see that in person! :)

Lindsay said...

That pool is epic. I really enjoyed Last Night at Chateau Marmont. Hope you like it too!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Oh loved Saturday's sunny weather! We were out all day as well.

A and B said...

I had no idea about the cheese fest! Now i'm super sad I missed it!

Meghan @ Shine On said...

I. Am. So. Jealous. Of. Your. First. Picture.

I miss Seattle SO much.

Keep Shining,
Meghan

Nicole Marie said...

i wasnt to visit there to go to the market.. and holy wow that pool!

poptartyogini said...

That pool is stressing me out. It is just too big. Cheese Fest sounds like heaven. I've thought about getting the paris wife out of the library. Did you like it?

Annemarie @ Brunch at Saks said...

Looks like a lovely weekend! And that pool is stunning! xo

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

a cheese festival sounds just up my alley- YUM!! hope you enjoyed

...and ps, i LOVE the dailymail and it totally gets me thru the workday HAHA!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That pool is insane! Love that the weather is great in Seattle!

SEJ said...

How was The Paris Wife? I need a new book to read!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

Yum, the cheese festival! I've heard mixed reviews about "What to Expect" but I want to see it. I think I'd like it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin