Monday, June 25, 2012

Napa part 1: wine tasting

For the first part of Napa recap I'll start with the main event - our five hour wine tour!

our limo has arrived!
getting started in the limo

Our awesome limo driver Frank picked us up at the hotel and our first stop was the O'Brien Estate Winery.

touring the vineyard

I would't mind having this be my backyard

We then stopped off at an amazing gourmet deli called Oakville Grocery Company.  I could have lived in this store, everything was so fresh and yummy looking.  We had fun looking around and picked up great fixings for a picnic lunch.


Next stop was Mumm Napa Valley where we sampled the bubbly at their great outdoor patio.


relaxing at Mumm
a perfect sample
Mumm's vineryard

Not stop - Sequoia Grove and a stop lunch!  The coolest thing about this stop was one of the employees who we were chatting with had met Princess Diana!  Making the connection me->wine lady (she gave me her card but I'll keep her real name off of here) -> Princess Diana -> Prince William -> Kate Middleton.  Four degree of separation to Kate Middleton.  I am so happy!


And our last stop was the lovely Rubicon Estates - home of Francis Ford Coppola and Sofia Coppola wines.  It was so lovely!  And the Sofia bubbly is a favorite between us girls so we had to stop here.


the lovely estate




We love our Sofia!

Such a fun day with fantastic friends!

17 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh that looks like such a great time tasting! It looks like it was perfect weather too!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh that looks like such a great time tasting! It looks like it was perfect weather too!

Jax said...

This sounds so perfect! Love the places you visited..and your 4 degrees of separation to Kate.. haha.. made me smile.

Kristin said...

Napa is soooo pretty, I wish I was there right now! And I wish I could drink wine right now, sigh... :) I think Mumm was one of our favorites, because I loved the tasting on the cute patio!

Sarah and Stewart said...

This looks so fun, I have always wanted to do it! And you ladies look adorable in your dresses.

poptartyogini said...

That just looks lovely. Amazing views. I'm so glad you found a 4th degree to Kate. That must've made your day!

Meg {henninglove} said...

what a great time with friends! your photos are so pretty. i hope to make it up to napa one day! can't wait to read the rest of your re-caps

Sienna said...

the vineyards are so pretty, what a lovely setting. and how cool you got to take a limo!!!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

What a great day! I cracked up reading your 4 degrees of separation. I wish I could be that close to Kate!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I can't believe you were so close!! I am only a little over an hour outside of Napa. Looks like you had an amazing time, love all of your pictures. Mumm is one of my favorites :)

Ann said...

Oh wine tasting is so fun,
maybe even more when done with girlfriends like you did.
You all look fabulous in there ladies.

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Oh...loving me some wine too. And Sofia is delicious!!!! :)

Val said...

Looks like an amazing adventure.

Stevie said...

I love that area so much! Looks like fabulous weather.

Sofia is so yummy. I'm actually not a huge fan of Coppola's other wines, but I love the Sofia.

Nicole-Lynn said...

So fun! Cute group pics!

Nicole Marie said...

what a fun weekend !! napa girls trips are the best!

James Perkins said...

It seems like you guys had a really fun trip. Good thing that you rented a limo to tour you at different winery shops. I’m sure that you had a smooth ride that allowed you to appreciate the wine you’re drinking all the more!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin