Monday, July 16, 2012

Birthday recap

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes - a full two weeks later I'm finally getting back to blogging and birthday recapping!  

The weather has been amazing in Seattle and after I get home from work I pretty much head straight outside to enjoy the weather so the blog has been slacking!

But - back to the birthday!  Since my birthday fell on a Sunday we decided to do a birthday brunch!  Nick took me to a place I had been wanting to go to - Skillet Diner.  It started as a food truck in the area and then with the popularity they expanded to a restaurant.  

I did a burger and Nick did the egg scramble special and then for dessert we did a nutella and banana toast.  


 And then Monday for our annual birthday tradition, Meghan and Brynn took me out to a lovely little French restaurant called LUC.  It was so delicious and such a cozy restauarnt in a cute neighborhood.    

A fun evening with great company and yummy French food - what more could a girl ask for!  

23 comments:

Morgan said...

Whoa! That nutella and banana dessert looks amazing! Hope you had a lovely birthday!

Linda said...

Yum. I love Skillet!

Sarah and Stewart said...

Skillet is my new favorite breakfast place, it's so delicious! I've been loving the weather, too, but haven't these thunder and lightning storms been kind of strange?!

Jax said...

Ooh looks YUM! :) Glad you had a lovely birthday, friend!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

Yum, what a delicious birthday! That nutella and banana toast sounds especially good!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love those restaurants, I always want to order EVERYTHING off Skillet's menu!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Oh my goodness, so much good food :) Glad you had a good Birthday - 28 & fabulous!!

Lacey said...

All of the food looks amazing!! Glad you had a fabulous birthday!

Emm said...

That is what summer is all about - relaxing!! Do you have a nice view from your balcony?

jillian m. said...

Omg, happy belated! Looks like you had a delicious b-day! I love French food too.

Meghan said...

Happy belated birthday! I've never been to Skillet Diner but I need to check it out. I am loving all this beautiful Seattle weather- it's by far the best time of the year!

Fash Boulevard said...

wow, looks amazing. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post for LaurenConrad.com. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Dying over that Nutella confection!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Yuuuuum! Cheers to July babies!!!

Natalie @ {Gossett Girl} said...

Two Seattle restaurants i haven't been to yet! I'll need to check them out. Happy belated birthday!

Kady Heron said...

Super yummy mouthwatering!


Saving Thousands of People Hundreds of Dollars a month. Join the club today. Just click -> http://www.saversclub.us

Meghan @ Shine On said...

Oh my goodness, that burger looks amazing. I've put these on my to-eat list for Seattle! :)

Happy Thursday!

xox,
Meghan

Sienna said...

nutella and banana toast!? i have a slight (ok huge) obsession with nutella and this sounds positively delicious. i want it like now!!! this looks like such a great celebration!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh that food looks and sounds amazing. I'm so hungry!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Just came across your blog...you just made me hungry! Looks like a tasty birthday!!

Caitlin C. said...

Happy happy birthday! Nutella and banana toast?! That sounds simply divine!

Meg {henninglove} said...

ooh yummy all that food looks so good! now i am hungry and i am incredibly late but happy birthday. congrats on joining the 28 club with me :-)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Sounded like a special birthday indeed! :) The food looks so good! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin