Monday, August 6, 2012

Europe in September

Thank you all for the kind anniversary notes!  We had a lovely dinner at Kingfish Cafe and talked about some exciting stuff coming up for us - a return to Europe and discovering some new places!

Last September Nick and I did a trip through Amsterdam, Venice, Croatia and Greece; this September we are doing something a little different but equally exciting - Switzerland, Germany and Austria!


We will start in Zurich, Switzerland


Head to Lucerne (Luzerne), Switzerland



Spend some time in the Berner Oberland area of Switzerland (exact town TBD)/Interlaken and travel to the Jungfraujoch (Matt Lauer has a cool clip of the area from his 2011 Where In The World... segment)

image

Head over to Munich, Germany

image

Day to visit the Neuschwanstein (Cinderella's castle), Germany


Travel to Salzburg (do the Sound Of Music Tour - eeekkk!!!), Austria

image
Spend some time in Hallstatt, Austria

image


And end the trip in Vienna, Austria

image

We only recently booked this trip and still have lots of planning to do so any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

18 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Salzburg is one of my FAVORITE cities, it's just beautiful. There are amazing gardens in the city (where the kids run through in the sound of music), and paired with the hilltop castle backdrop is breathtaking. I'll try and find the name of the Sound of Music tour we took.

Vienna wasn't my fave city (I just thought Salzburg and Innsbruck were better), but I've heard Gratz/Graz (sp?) was also a great little town just outside.

Sarah and Stewart said...

Wow I could not be more green with envy right now... sounds like such an amazing trip!!

Caroline said...

You should definitely stop in Zermatt, Switzerland. Absolutely amazing. It's near the Matterhorn. They only use electric cars (buggies) and it's amazing.

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

Lots of beautiful sights to see! That's a great time of year to travel too. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Erica said...

aaaaaa how fun!!!
Sounds amazing!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Nicole Marie said...

eeeee so excited for you! switzerland and austria are two of my favorite countries! so beautiful!!

Jax said...

I.am.so.jealous.

Are you on instagram? B/c I'm going to need you to get on instagram and snap photos I can live vicariously through while you're there. That way, I can be jealous of you in real time. ;)

Seriously so happy for you guys! That is so awesome!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

YAY YAY YAY CAROL!!! I just booked Europe in October and love that we have our yearly shenanigans!! We must meet for coffee and share stories :)

A and B said...

I absolutely love the Kingfish Cafe! And your Europe trip sounds fantastic!

Lacey said...

Your upcoming trip sounds like a dream!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

I love your trip already. So sad I won't be in Switzerland then. :( You'll have a blast either way. And yes, go up Jungfraujoch...worth it, and hopefully you get to see a lot when you're up there. :D Salzburg is such a cute city. Enjoy. Awwww...jealous already.

Thanks for making me homesick already. ;)

christine donee said...

I'm coming with you, right?

Melissa Blake said...

Looks like such a BEAUTIFUL place!! Have fun!

Nicole-Lynn said...

So fun! I'm happy for you that you're able to take another amazing vacation! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I second the Instagram comment... are you on there?

Holly said...

you guys are such travel bugs, i love it!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How exciting! That is going to be an AMAZING vacation.

Sienna said...

omgsh! i am BEYOND excited for you! i don't know where you're staying in Vienna but MAKE SURE you go to the hotel Sacher for dinner and have the wiener schnitzel and sacher torte for dessert!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin