Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend update

Thanks all for the comments and tips about our upcoming trip!  I am accepting all travel tips for Germany, Austria and Switzerland!

I have so much to catch up on this summer - weddings, weekends and everything in between!  So I'll start with this upcoming weekend.  On Saturday Nick and I hit the hills around Seattle and went hiking to Rattlesnake Ledge, about 50 minutes outside of Seattle.  The hike was about 2.5 hours in total, including a little lunch break at the top.

View from the top

Later that evening we went to West Seattle for a birthday party for our friend Sam and his sister, held at their aunt and uncle's house.  Check out the amazing views we enjoyed from the host's house.

guys pic

girls pic - me on the far left

sunset view

Nick + Sam (birthday boy)

Sunday was a relaxing day with my friend Courtney - we walked around the golf course and then laid out at the country club pool all afternoon.  Courtney is a medical school resident so she posted this picture on facebook with the caption: "A little education at the pool! Guess which one is carol's :)"  Her version of pool reading is American Medical News, mine is US Weekly!

light reading at the pool

10 comments:

Erika Peterson said...

Isn't Rattlesnake Ledge awesome?! One of my fave local hikes - easy and great reward at the end!

And I think your poolside reading choice is MUCH more entertaining :)

Sarah and Stewart said...

I have heard so many good things about that Rattlesnake hike, I've got to try and fit it in this summer!

Kristin said...

sounds like a great weekend!! love girl time!

Sienna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sienna said...

the view from that hike looks amazing, but wow, thats long!!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

The view from the top of your hike is beautiful! Sounds like a fun weekend with friends! I wish I had a pool to relax by with this weather we've been having!

Pop Champagne said...

sounds like you had a great weekend and the view is pretty!!

Nicole Marie said...

wow that view! so excited for your trip. i loved salsburg. make sure you do the sound of music tour. i didn't and am so sad i didn't

Meghan said...

Hey! When do you leave for Europe, again? I have more Europe recommendations/ideas but don't want to bombard you!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I can't wait to hear all about your Europe trip! Love your reading!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin