Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nick's birthday dinner at Rione XIII

Last night Nick and I went out to celebrate his birthday - the big 29!  His birthday was on Nov. 21, but because of Thanksgiving we decided to hold off until this week.

We went to a new restaurant called Rione XIII - from their website "Inspired by Trastevere, the bustling 13th district of Rome, Rione XIII explores simple Roman cooking on Seattle's Capitol Hill. Menu favorites include fried artichokes, housemade mozzarella, cacio e pepe, and wood-fired Roman street pizza."

image: Rione XIII

I have been wanting to go there for a while and it did not disappoint.  I had my favorite dish in the whole world, Tonnarelli (spaghetti) Carbonara so I was a happy camper!

And to burn off all those calories luckily I have FlyWheel on Saturday!  It's an awesome spinning studio and an insane calorie burn!  I highly recommend it to fellow Seattlites - first class is free!

4 comments:

Stevie said...

Ooooh nice. I've been wanting to go! I love all of Ethan Stowell's other restaurants so I imagine this one is just as good.

Happy birthday to Nick!

Meg {henninglove} said...

ooh sounds like a great restaurant!! happy belated birthday to your husband i hit the ripe age of 29 in a little more than a month

Sarah and Stewart said...

Going here IMMEDIATELY. Spaghetti Carbonara is my husband's absolute favorite and we search for local places that have it! I've also almost been able to perfect the recipe...

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

That restaurant sounds delicious. I love spaghetti carbonara!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin