Monday, November 5, 2012

The time I met Rick Steves

Some people may not be as excited as I was about this - but I got to meet my travel idol Rick Steves!!  This was huge for me, I am a huge fan of his travel books.  My friend (and fellow blogger) Erika first introduced me to him when we were studying abroad in Rome in 2006 and I've been a follower ever since!  He is a fellow Seattleite and was doing a talk at UW, so I of course had to go!

I was so excited my book is upside down!  

He was so nice, signed my travel book and took and picture with us!



Some travels with Rick in hand:

France 2009


2011 Mediterranean Cruise (at the Acropolis)

2012 Germany, Austria Switzerland trip (still need to blog about it, but this was in Hallstatt, Austria - don't know where I am looking!)


16 comments:

Erika Peterson said...

Yay Rick Steves! I want to plan a vacation just to use a Rick Steves guidebook... That's a good excuse to vacation, right?

Sarah and Stewart said...

Cool!

Caroline said...

Oh awesome!

Nicole Marie said...

hahah you are quite the loyal follower!

Kristin said...

LOVE him!! We went on one of his Italy tours 3 years ago! Neat that you got to meet him!

Meghan said...

I am SO jealous! I just went to see him speak on Saturday but there was no chance to meet him. I definitely have a few Europe pictures of me holding up our Rick Steves guidebooks. :) I still need to finish blogging our trip. Can't wait to hear all about yours!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

That is so awesome you met him. I love that guy!

Alexa said...

Haha. That is awesome! Love Rick Steves!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You are so cute! I love how you take pictures with the books :) I can't wait to read more about your travels. Right now, Tim and I haven't booked any major travels out of the country. I think we are going to try and make it back to Hawaii next year and we are going to Vail in February :) How about you guys?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You've not only made me want to plan a trip...but pick up one of his books too!

Allison said...

I love his books too - figures, we'd have that in common! You are beyond beautiful in every single picture and I'm so glad you got to meet him! :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

You look like a model in that last pic! So fun you were able to meet him! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, yay! That's so great that you got to meet him and get a book signed by him.

A and B said...

OMG! that is so cool...I love rick steves/ my husband is from Edmonds, so I always hope that I will run into him when we are up there!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I loveeee his books and actually went to his store in Edmonds and class led by his tour guide for Greece. Love your book photos overseas!!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

I met him once too. He came to the hotel I worked for in Europe. :) He looked familiar but I couldn't place him anywhere and when he filled out his name etc I knew. hahaha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin