Monday, December 17, 2012

Gingerbread houses and Christmas boats

Hi friends!  So much to catch up on from the Christmas season!

Nick and I went to the downtown Seattle Sheraton to check out the annual gingerbread village display.  It was Disney castle theme and we weren't disappointed   (Even though we had to wait forever in line to see them!)

The Little Mermaid...






Aladdin...



 Beauty And The Beast...


 
 


Grimm's Fairy Tales... 



 Chronicles Of Narnia...



 
Look at the cute little wardrobe

Alice In Wonderland...

 





Sunday evening a group of eleven of us braved the elements (it was raining pretty hard here in Seattle) and took part in the annual Christmas Ship Parade - a parade of boats around Lake Washington complete with Santa and Carolers.





Also - I saw this on Facebook and thought it was very appropriate after the news on Friday...


15 comments:

Sarah and Stewart said...

Oh my gosh that gingerbread village display is so cool, I want to go see it! I've never heard of anything like that!

his little lady said...

Wow, that gingerbread village is absolutely amazing!!!!
xo TJ

Stamp in My Passport said...

And I thought I was getting fancy with gumdrops and candy canes on my gingerbread house! That display is unbelievable.

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

I love those displays. I'm a big fan of all things Disney! I need to check out Christmas ships one of these years!

Kristin said...

Oooh I didn't know the gingerbread house theme was Disney castles this year!! Leah would LOVE that! Usually we have made it to seem them by now, this year is so hectic! :)

brittany said...

man some people are talented with their gingerbread, huh! so fun, so cool!

B said...

Those houses are AMAZING. I love The Little Mermaid and Alice in Wonderland displays.

Giovanna said...

Amazing! Those are too cool!

xx
giovanna
www.HeyLoveBlog.com

Erica said...

wow! Those are some intense gingerbread houses! So cool that you actually ride those boats. My friends and I used to run down to the docks to watch them sail by in Kenmore :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe those gingerbread houses. That's insane! They all look so amazing and fabulous!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

This is fabulous. I don't want to know how many hours they worked on all of these...just so cool!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I
had to ask. Does operating a well-established blog such as yours require a massive amount work?
I am brand new to operating a blog but I do write in my journal on a daily
basis. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!
Also see my website :: FinderHostel.com

Nicole-Lynn said...

So neat! I never imagined people getting so into decorating gingerbread houses like those! haha

burun estetigi said...

Really its very cool.......me too enjoyed a lot...
Burun Estetiği

andrea chiu said...


I really had a great time stopping by your site, it gives me a lot of information. You can also visit my site, thank you!

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin