Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Goals

Time to think ahead about the new year!  Ok, I'm a week late, but here are my 2013 goals!


1) Travel someplace new
-Always a goal for as long as we can!


2) Learn more about my SLR camera
-This year I'm serious about it, really...


3) Be better at meal planning
-I love to cook, but I am bad a planning.  It's always a mad dash to the store after work!


4) Take a cooking class
-Remembering my Thai cooking class (see below) and how much fun it was makes me want to do it again!  I've had my eye at a Parisian Macaroon class at our local Sur La Table!


I think that is it for now, maybe I'll add something later!


I hate to admit it, but yes, I forgot what my goals were for 2012!  Regardless, here's how I did:


1. Travel someplace new
Yes!  Germany, Austria and Switzerland!!  (Still need to blog about it!)


Austria

Switzerland

Germany



2. Take better care of my hair
Yes!  Hair is looking healthier!

3. Do more strength training
Yes!  I started doing a weight-training fitness class as well as a resistance band class.  (I forgot this was even a goal of mine so I'm glad I made a passing grade!)

4. Learn/try something new
Kinda... In January I took a Thai cooking class with some friends!  I had never attempted to cook any sort of Asian cuisine before and now I do!  


5. Learn more about my SLR camera
Kinda... I'm slowly learning more, but this is for sure getting added for next year!


Bring on 2013!

19 comments:

Sarah and Stewart said...

Those are fantastic goals and great job reaching your goals for 2012!

Tara said...

I always enjoy reading goals of others! And we also got a Canon SLR for Christmas, here's to learning about this wonderful toy and adding to our photo taking obsession :)

Briana Favors said...

That macaroon class sounds like so much fun!

Colleen Brynn said...

This looks like a good list to me! The macaroon class would be uber fun. I'm kinda jealous over here...!

Erica said...

Wow! Way to reach all of your goals, even if you forgot them part way through. I'm not even sure of whether I made any last year... oops!

Ah, learning more about my SLR... I'm sure this will eternally be on my to-do list :)

Caitlin C. said...

These are awesome goals for 2013! I STILL need to get my resolutions together, haha... maybe one of them should be to not procrastinate! ;)

heather{land} said...

Totally achievable goals! I wish we were in a place in our life where we could pick up and travel someplace new. Happy 2013!

Meg {henninglove} said...

ooh wha macaron classes at your local sur la table, if i lived in seattle with you i would suggest you and i take that class together sounds like it would be a blast!

Allison said...

I saw the macaron class at Sur la Table in the city - DYING to convicne Ed to do it with me (doubtful). I will live vicariously through you if you end up doing it - those are my favorites!
Love all these pictures and can't wait to read about all your trips! Ugh, learning about my SLR is such a chore. I did take a really good class though, which got me out of using (shhh) auto setting for everything! Even just an hour - 2 hours of a class/instruction helps! Great goals, and congrats on meeting so many of your goals from last year! xox

besswess said...

Looks like you had a great year last year. I am sure 2013 will be no different.

Meghan said...

Those sound like great goals! I have a "turning 30" list and one of my goals is to learn to use our DSLR camera better. I need to get on that! More travel is a goal for us too, and I still haven't finished blogging about our trip from this summer. Oops!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

Nice work on your 2012 goals. I think you'll conquer 2013's as well.

septorinoplasti said...

Great post! Will definitely give it a try. Thanks for the info!
Septorinoplasti

A and B said...

Pinterest has some great resources for SLR cameras! There is a cheat sheet that I printed out and it is awesome!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Your pictures are amazing... love your first goal. That's a big one for us, too... although it may get a little harder now ;) I love that picture of you two in Vienna, we went to that same palace (shonbron - spelling)!

Yay for 2013!!

Jax said...

Always all about traveling somewhere new! Funny but I sent your honeymoon posts to Eric b/c we have NO idea where we're going but we might think about Fiji. I dunno. It's GORGEOUS! We're thinking there or maybe South America. Or hell.. who knows.. we could remodel our house (TBD) end up somewhere closer. haha. We obviously have zero plan right now. I just have vacay on the brain. :)

I wish we had more cooking classes here! We actually have quite a few but I always forget to check them out. They're not that diverse though.

Ashley said...

the photos of Switzerland look like NZ a bit. I have a lot of the same goals!! Happy New Year!

Nicole-Lynn said...

You must really want to learn about your camera bc you listed it twice! haha ;) Good goals! I also want to take a cooking class and stick to a menu! I have been off that bandwagon for a while now! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

What kind of camera do you have? I'm in the market for a nice camera and can't decide what to get!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin