Thursday, January 3, 2013

More holiday recaps

December was a fun and busy month and I wanted to catch up on the rest of the fun!

There was some not fun stuff though, my wonderful grandfather passed away on Dec. 19 in Memphis.  It was peaceful and my mom, dad and grandmother were there.  A good, long life at 93 and I will forever have fond memories of him!

Other happier happenings from the past month:

Significant others dinner at Cuoco!  This was a fun dinner we did with all of the "significant others" as we call ourselves!  Nick's guy friends have a great group of girlfriends/fiances/wives so we got a group together to catch up before the holidays.  Very lucky to have these girls in my life!


Annual Christmas dinner with Meghan and Brynn at The Whale Wins.  Delcisous dinner with the girls at this fairly new restaurant and I would love to go back sometime soon!  We started this annual traidion years ago as a fun way to get together around the holidays!


Dinner with our Australian family at Spinasse!  Nick and I returned to this delicious restaurant with our bother-in-law's parents when they were visiting.  Amazing food and wine and great company!


And then this past past weekend we spent some time at my parents cabin and then hit the slopes at Crystal Mountain


And we officially ended 2012 with a yummy dinner at La Isla - a Puerto Rican restaurant in Seattle.

I think that about covers the end of the year!

14 comments:

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

I'm sorry about your Grandfather passing away. But glad you had a wonderful holiday otherwise.
Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, Carol. Tough especially around this time of year :(

What kind of food is The Whale Wins?

Sarah and Stewart said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. :-(

You did so much fun stuff and ate at so many yummy places! I love Cuoco and La Isla is one of my absolute favorites!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hey would you mind letting me know which webhost you're using? I've loaded your blog in
3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster
then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting provider
at a reasonable price? Thanks, I appreciate it!
Also see my web site > eomc gear coupon

Nicole-Lynn said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather! :( He lived such a long life! That's great! Thinking of you!

Aside from that upsetting news, I'm glad you had a nice Christmas and New Years! xo

heather{land} said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather Carol -- 93 is a good long life!

It sounds like you had a jam-packed holiday season! :)

Allison said...

Aw, Carol, I'm so sorry about your grandfather - regardless of age, it's such a tough thing to go through. Thinking of you, sweet friend.

Your pictures are gorgeous and I hope that the memories of all the positive times and experiences can help a little bit with your loss! And yum to ending 2012 with Puerto Rican food. Sounds perfect!

xox, thinking of you!

Your Southern Peach said...

Sorry about your grandfather Carol! I'm sure he was very proud of you. I hope 2013 is good to you and happy new year!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

So sorry about your grandfather. He's lived a great life and will always be in your heart.

Happy 2013...more memories to come!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather, but I am so glad that he lived 93 great years and that you have so many fond memories of him.

You are surrounded by so many great friends, I love it! And I am so jealous of the pictures from Crystal Mountain - beautiful!!

L A C E Y said...

sorry to hear about your grandfather :(

looks like you had lots of fun though in Dec! i still have December recaps to post (and October for that matter!!)

happy new year!!

Jax said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your grandfather. 93 years.. wow. What a long, wonderful life I'm sure he lived.

I wish we had somewhere nearby like Crystal mountain! Gorgeous!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandpa passing. I'm glad he was surrounded with loved ones and lived a long, happy life.

It sounds like you had a lot of nice meals out. Those snowy pics are beautiful.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. It sounds like he had a really full life.

The photos of Crystal Mountain look amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin