Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday randoms

Happy Monday to all!  Starting off the week with just a random post of things going on:

Saturday we went to an engagement party for Meghan and David, so fun to celebrate the couple and hang out with friends!  



For Lent this year I'm not giving up anything, but I decided to take something on - I'm spending at least 30 minutes a day reading (or listening) to Christian literature (podcasts, sermons, books).  Loving the positive impact on my day!

We've had some really nice days lately and it's been borderline spring-like weather in Seattle!


Walks after work
 
A little cold, but loving the sunshine

Nick and I have been lucking out with amazing ski days - great snow and blue skies, can't get better than that!

Enjoying the Mt. Rainier view

Gondola to the top of Crystal Mountain

Bright blue skies!

12 comments:

Erica said...

I love that idea of adding something that's positive, instead of taking something away, it would definitely help to make Lent much more fun, and even possibly something to look forward to!

heather{land} said...

I like the way you are thinking...it goes right in line with my goal for 2013 to ignore the negativity :) Perhaps you can post what you most enjoy or your podcast finds?

Meg {henninglove} said...

i love that you are doing at least 30 minutes a day that is awesome Carol! I would love for you to update us through Lent and let us know how things are going and what you are learning

Sarah and Stewart said...

I've been SO excited about the weather lately, too! Spring is right around the corner!

Allison said...

So jealous of the warm weather you're having - it is so cold and horrible here. I love that you're not giving anything up for Lent, and spending time with what's important to you :) Your pictures are beautiful - thanks for sharing, love! xox

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Your posts always make me wish I lived in Seattle :) So beautiful!

Emm in London said...

Wow, you live in such a beautiful part of the world! I'd love to see snowy landscapes like that!

Good luck with Lent. Beginning something seems far more sustainable than giving something up, let's hope it can turn into a daily habit!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

The weather has been great. We've been real lucky! It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun skiing this season.

Jax said...

I love your 30 minutes a day commitment! That's much better than giving something up. :) And as I sit here in weird Tulsa weather, I'm jealous of your Seattle spring like stuff AND the snow. We just get this weird sleet/snowy mess that turns to slush and re-freezes at night. I feel like March= spring, even though that's not always the case. Either way, I'm excited for it to get here!

christine donee said...

those skies are SO blue! jealous.. all I see is smog. gross.

EasyKoreanFood said...

Hello! I recently just started a youtube Korean food channel, EasyKoreanFood, where you can learn how to make fast and easy Korean food! It would mean the world to me if you took the time to check it out because I'm just starting out! Thanks!

B said...

I haven't been skiing yet and it's making me sad! I love the photos!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin