Friday, February 8, 2013

Whistler Weekend: Other fun things

As I said in my last post, the main event at Whistler is the great skiing but there is tons of other stuff to do as well!  I grew up doing Whistler trips with my family, but this was the first time I had been in 9 years and I forgot how much fun the village is.

hanging out at the Olympic rings in the Whistler Village
 


We stayed in the main Whistler village and a short walk brings you to your first gondola for skiing.  Tons of great stores, restaurants and bars in the village too.  Nick and I spent one afternoon just walking around the village.



And then returned to the Olympic Rings with the whole group before dinner


Our whole group of 10
Besides skiing one of the most fun things we did though was hit up the Whistler Blackcomb Tube Park!  A moving carpet takes you to the top where you have your choice of runs to do.  You can go down as a single, or in a group and there are workers at the top to push you and spin your tube if you want! Lots of laughing and screaming as I went down!

Taking the gondola up to the tube park
Riding the moving magic carpet up

Ready....
Set....
There I go!



On our last day before heading out of town we checked out the Whistler Sliding Center - the Olympic venue for the luge, bobsleigh and skeleton.  The day before we were there the USA team was there practicing  but sadly they weren't there when we arrived.  Still fun to see the venue though.



The sheet of ice they race on - scary!

Brittney and I playing in the snow

Whistler - we absolutely love you and will be back soon!  Maybe in the summer?!

12 comments:

Sarah and Stewart said...

I really need to check out the tube park next time we're up there, it sounds so fun! Have you ever done the ziplines? That's one of our favorite things up there.

Caroline said...

Amazing. I wish that I could see this much snow then head inside for some hot chocolate!

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh FUN! That tubing park looks like a blast!!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/order-amoxicillin/]buy amoxicillin liquid no prescription
[/url]amoxicillin 875 mg gre
amoxicillin mg for children
why 875 mg amoxicillin

Jax said...

So fun! Whistler is definitely on my list! I'm such a bad cold weather traveler. I just want to go somewhere warm....all the time..haha..

I thought of you b/c one of our honeymoon options might be Tahiti! I started googling Moorea and Bora Bora! Need to email you and get thoughts on your experience/hotels, etc!

Ashley said...

i need to go there! It is on my list.
The magic carpet is Anika's favorite part about skiing! ha.

Caroline said...

Looks like a blast. Whistler is one of my top 5 must visit spots. Hope all is well lady. XO.

heather{land} said...

You two are such a beautiful couple. I am living vicariously through all your skiing adventure this winter since we have not been able to get away to go anywhere!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Tubing is fun! :) I have to admit.

Looks like you had a good time.

Nicole Marie said...

the tubing looks so fun!!

Brhea {noplacelykehome.com} said...

Looks like so much fun and makes me miss snow terribly!

I'm excited to follow your blog!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

It looks like such a fun trip! I love your coats!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin