Monday, April 8, 2013

Catching up

I've been blogging in the past so I figured I would do a quick post on what's been going on in the present!  Most of these pictures are from Instagram - I'm Carol701

Our weather lately has been pretty amazing (minus the rain this weekend) so Nick and I have been trying to get out as much as possible!

blue skies in Seattle

Hanging out on Puget Sound

Since this weekend was rainy we went to see Jurassic Park 3D at the IMAX with my brother - it was so much scarier than I remember, but still just as good as it was in 1993!

even scarier than I remember...


We've also been trying to get to the driving range 1-2 times per week

I do love my pink golf glove



I really don't like hitting with a driver - 8 iron is my fave

Cherry blossoms have been out and about too, love those trees!

I do love these trees


April in the Pacific Northwest means tulips and daffodils everywhere - I've been buying lots of them to bring spring inside







Nick's spring quarter classes started up again last Tuesday (he's taking night classes to get his Masters in computer science and engineering) - and this was a picture taken from the quad.


Our beautiful quad at the University of Washington - I think that's why I like cherry blossoms so much

I've still been loving my Saturday spin classes at FlyWheel and got this especailly pretty mocha at the coffee shop my friends and I go to after class...



For dinner tonight I found a really great recipe I had to share - Citrus Mahi Mahi with a yummy avocado salsa and I did an easy roasted asparagus on the side.  I used wild Atlantic Mahi Mahi (approved by the Seafood Watch program) but I think any white fish would be good, maybe I'll try it with salmon too! Every year I say I am going to eat more fish and maybe this will be the year!

Trying to eat more fish

Well that's it for me!  Hope the start of the week has been a great one!

21 comments:

Hitha said...

We've been trying to hit up the driving range regularly as well - went for the first time since September yesterday, and it was far overdue. I'll have to check out that fish recipe, and I miss UW's beautiful cherry blossoms!

Would you believe that I have yet to try Flywheel? There's a promo between DreamDry and Flywheel, so I'll definitely have to check it out soon.

Kristin said...

Love going to the range!

Danielle said...

I have a pink golf glove too! :)

Kristine said...

Have y'all done the tulip festival ever?! The crowds are a little redic but it's gorge!

Susannah said...

What wonderful pictures! I love the PNW in the spring. :-)

Meg {henninglove} said...

i don't mind seeing these photos again because the flowers especially the daffodils are so beautiful. the cherry blossoms bring me ack to spring time in the japan! glad i follow you on instagram

Allison said...

I love following you on Instragram - your pictures are always so good! That recipe looks INCREDIBLE; I definitely need to try it (especially because I am in love with avocado and cannot quit).
Thank you again for such a sweet comment on my last post, my dear friend. It gave me chills, so I think what you said is on point! xox

Ashley said...

We eat salmon once a week. DO you like it? Yours looks delish. I LOVE LOVE cherry blossoms. None here yet, but they make me so happy when they bloom. I love signs of spring.

Sarah and Stewart said...

That one weekend of nice weather was so lovely, but now I am hating the dreary weather. We want to see Jurassic Park in 3D so bad!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Yes, 3D can make a movie scarier. ;) And I followed you on Instagram. ;) Happy Spring by the way, loving the flowers...it's the best time of the year, unless you have allergies. :(

xoxo

Nicole Marie said...

i can't gold AT ALL!!

Nicole Marie said...

*golf

Jax said...

I really want to try spinning. Wair... I mean... try it again. I went once and hated it. But that's probably b/c I went ONCE and didn't know what I was doing. Plus, the teacher is someone I lovingly refer to as "the annoying perky girl." So I think trying another class would be good. :) Loving all the pretty flowers...esp the cherry blossoms!

A and B said...

Ahh the cherry blossoms! I've been meaning to head to UW to check them out but I haven't made it yet :( We are on a bit of a fish kick too, although its because our freezer is still jam packed from my husbands fishing season last year!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You live in SUCH a beautiful area :) And I love that you're golfing more, Tim wishes I would get more into it - he loves it!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

PS. Reading back through your Swiss Pics - GORGEOUS - what an incredible experience!! When we were in Interlaken and went to Lucerne, we debated doing the top of Europe, but the gal said because it was so overcast, we wouldn't be able to see anything. Definitely on my bucket list to go back during weather that would make it worth going!

Sienna said...

i've been loving all your flower pictures on instagram!!! have an amazing time in la jolla! unfortunately, the weather kind of sucks today! take lots of pics!

aimymichelle said...

i love hte cherry blossoms

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

I love all the spring blooms around here! I'd say we've gotten a pretty good spring so far.

Jurassic Park in 3D would be scary!

Mrs. Pedersen said...

I'd love to visit Pugent Sound someday!!

Mandy Southgate said...

Oh, how beautiful! I really love Instagram too and love the moods and moments captured by the filters. It looks like spring was well and truly on the way when you wrote this - alas, we lost out on spring in London and tonight my heating is back on!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin