Monday, September 15, 2014

Summer Recap

My little space on the internet that I have forgotten about!  With summer fun and the amazing weather, I didn't spend much time inside besides my work time.  (A legit reason I think - enjoying the beautiful outdoors!)  So time to recap summer!

The biggest thing to happen this summer was I started a new job!  Same company, new role - and I couldn't be more thrilled and proud of myself.  I feel that I've landed in a great spot for my future and career.  I went to Atlanta for a week for work, and although I didn't get time to enjoy the city much I did get to check out the aquarium and this beautiful Ferris wheel was outside of my hotel.



Another big part of summer was that I trued 30!  This will be a separate blog post as I celebrated a new decade at the happiest place on earth - Disneyland!  After I got back my sweet friends Meghan and Brynn took me to a delicious birthday dinner at Brimmer & Heeltap.  Amazing!





We also celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary!  And what a great 4 years its been!!! 



Another big highlight of summer was meeting the lovely Tracy of Then I Got To Thinking... during her trip to Seattle!  We have been blog friends for over 5 years and it was such a treat to meet her and her beautiful family in person.  To many more years of blogger friendship!



Enjoying the amazing Pacific Northwest weather on hikes with my family







Besides hiking we stayed active with tennis and golf





And enjoying Seattle nights with dinner outdoors and rosé wine of course



 
 
 
 
 
 

We took a day trip up to Vancouver, Canada so that we could sit on the Iron Throne from one of our favorite shows - Game Of Thrones.  I don't look very intimidating, but it was fun!

 
 
Relaxing pool days with friends
 
 
 
Jay-Z and Beyoncé concert, one word: amazing!
 
 
 
I took up a new hobby that I am loving - calligraphy! 
 

  
 

 
Nick was in the wedding of our dear friends who got married in Chelan in August. A beautiful wedding and fantastic weekend!


 






 
 
And it's already that time of year - football season!
 

Phew!  A great summer in the books! :)

5 comments:

Allison said...

LOVE that you're back to blogging! I miss your posts, but totally understand the absence; real life should always take priority, and then you can have great catch up posts! You had such a busy summer and I loved getting glimpses of it via Instagram, and now through your post! You look stunning in every single picture - I also can't believe it's been four years for you and Nick! You seem just as happy as your wedding day.
Congrats on the new role at work. It's a huge accomplishment and I'm so proud of you, lady!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

So glad you are back, and you really had a great reason not to blog regularly. You clearly enjoyed this summer and the outdoors. Loved these photos. Blogger meetups are always fun, and a new role at work is one exciting step upward. Congratulations!!!

Kristin said...

Glad you are back!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you've been having an amazing time! Happy Belated Birthday! I'm totally jealous that you got to sit on the Game of Thrones Throne. I will be in Seattle in November!

Mandy Southgate said...

What a lovely, happy post! Congrats on your new role and on your 30th birthday! And big congrats on your 4th wedding anniversary - I think I 'met' you not long after your wedding and can't believe it is 4 years already! I must remember that you live in Seattle - my goddaughter just moved there so I'm definitely going to visit in the next year or so.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin